View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
needayorkie
Yorkie Talker

Default Help!! My Yorkie baby and 4 yr old daughter are on different pages!!!

We have had our Yorkie for a week now and I know it will take much longer than that for an adjustment period...however, I am starting to really get concerned. My daughter is very gentle and good with him. He will let her feed him and we let her give him his treats for going potty...but any time she comes around a corner or is twirling and playing like little girls do, he growls and barks. There have also been occasions where he has snipped at her. He was sitting in my lap and she came to pet him and he growled and bit her hand (no broken skin, but not acceptable in any way). He is 5 months and I am wondering if maybe he had a bad experience with children prior to coming here or no exposure to them at all. He doesn't seem to know how to interact with her and I'm not sure how to help. My daughter is not afraid at all and thinks he is playing which is not a good thing. I work from home, so they are always supervised when together. I'm hoping maybe he just has to adjust to being here, but he is already completely attached to me and no one else. He also seems to ignore everyone but me!

Suggestions PLEASE!!!!!!
needayorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!