View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 05:56 AM   #2
Chelsie1978

I think a yorkie needs to eat ALOT of (milk) chocolate for it to be fatal.Its the dark chocolate you have to worry about I am a chocoholic and I always have chocolate around the house,its everywhere.I always have a huge bar of it next to the computer and smaller bars laying around each room of the house..this means that on many ocasions,Lady and Jess have been able to get at it and in the past year they have eaten it many times.I do try to keep it out of the way,but I have small kids who also love chocolate and it does get left around.Nothing has ever happened to mine through eating chocolate.I heard that sometimes they throw up or have lose stool afterwards,but this hasnt been my case at all.My youngest yorkie has a sensitive tummy,I can give her some ham and sheŽll throw up..but chocolate doesnt seem to upset her in any way at all.Dont get me wrong..I DONT hand it out to them at all..lol,but they have had their share of chocolate treats which they have stollen! I think certain things can effect certain dogs in different ways.I read a LONG list of foods that are suppsed to be highly toxic,and I was shocked because I had given mine half of those things before with no reaction what so ever There are ALOT of things out there that can makes our babies sick,but its not all on those lists and some of the things that are,are harmless in the quantities that we give to them
The reason im saying this is NOT so that people think they can give their babies chocolate..its for those whos babies accidently eat some and their owners think: "OMG..chocolate is on THE LIST".Iv seen many posts where people are frantic and worried sick,so this post in a way is to et them know that their babies should be fine

Last edited by Chelsie1978; 03-25-2005 at 07:07 AM.
Chelsie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!