View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:33 AM   #15
missj2007
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamBellaJagShy View Post
I want to show you some pictures...these are picture from the time I picked up the puppy to 4 months old. I paid 950.00 for this Yorkie. I bought him from a broker. I was so naive and had no idea about brokers. I have learned the hard way that short cuts only lead to problems. This puppy was from a breeder in Arkansas and the broker was here in the Houston area. I bought him in early 2008. I am now a member of our local club here in Houston. The Yorkshire Terrier Clubs of Greater Houston. I am now a board member and I am working hard to educate people....well people like me. I use these pictures to show why ethical and responsible breeding is very important. I have learned the hard way. My first intent was ---hey I'm going to get yorkies and breed and make money...why not. Sounded like a good idea. Wrong! C-sections are just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many health issues to consider when contemplating starting a breeding program. Yorkshire Terriers must have health testing done and must come from lines that are free of the many genetic issue that plague this breed. I forward these pictures to fellow members to use to show people what you can get by buying puppies from these unethical and cruel breeders. I hope I can use my error in judgement to help prevent others from making the same mistakes. We must stop the inhumane and cruel puppymills and brokers from profiting at the expense of the bitches that suffer for their profit. I getting angry just thing about it.

Okay, down off my soap box. Please wait until you can afford this puppy. Contact local shelters about rescues and call Yorkie rescue groups. There are often rescue Yorkies available in your price range. Here in Houston our club takes in rescues, we have them spayed or nuetered and we place them in suitable homes for 150.00. Maybe that is an option.

In my profile name you will see the name Jag. Jag is now nuetered and sitting on the lap of an older couple here in Houston. His pictures are below. I not going to call him ugly.....but he was just not well bred. This is hard for me to do, it is embarrassing. But I feel it is an important message.

The first two pics are his puppy pictures, the other a few months later.
I will have to agree with you. In my case I should have waited. My Poppy passed in June and I will never get over that hurt. I now try my hardest to get others to wait or buy from a responsible show breeder.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!