View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
MeganS
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

I'm sorry you're in this tough situation.

The first thing I would reccomend doing is bringing in a professional dog trainer. They can help you establish the role of alpha in your house, as my first thinking is that this is a dominince issue. Your yorkie might feel threatened by the new dog. Has your yorkie showed signs of agression towards other small animals? You probably know that yorkies were originally bred to hunt and kill rodents and the like, so if your puppy that passed was significantly smaller that could have something to do with it.

But anyway, in short, I definitely think the best choice you could make right now is to seperate the dogs when you don't have complete supervision over them (put one in a seperate room, put them in crates/x-pens, etc), and bring in a trainer. If the trainer feels that the attitude can't be changed, I would suggest a yorkie rescue, as they are very particular about making sure that your dog will go to the home that is *perfect* for him.

Best of luck to you! I so hope this works out so you can keep your little guy! I'm sure he's a very sweet dog otherwise.

All Gave Some; Some Gave All
MeganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!