View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil louis View Post
That is impressive! Do you have experience training other dogs? That is really good. I am sure I will be asking you more questions. I think I am going to start tonight will "give me paw" sometimes he does it, but I think it's on accident. I will keep you posted!
Nope, zero experience. I never thought that I'd be into training my dog. But when I got him at 9 weeks old and realized how smart he was... I figured I shouldn't put it to waste. He learned sit at 9 weeks old in 2 minutes and I went "wow!" I think he learned down fairly quickly next. And this was all in the first week of me owning him and I just became really interested in teaching him more! I started with saying "paw" too and found that he didn't respond to that word. When I changed it to "shake" he seemed to understand more.

I wanted to add you can get some tiny little treats from Petsmart and they're called "Pet Botanics Training Reward" and they come in a green bag. Jackson loves these and they're little & soft so I can even break them into smaller pieces (but they're already really small). Also, Nature's Recipe has some tiny training treats you can find in a plastic bottle. Usually when it comes to learning a new trick, I try to use little bits of hot dog (I know, unhealthy but it's ONLY a few tiny tiny pieces and for learning new tricks, nothing else). Or pieces of chicken.

Last edited by Britster; 12-29-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!