View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
troubletb
Love my Yorkies
Donating Member

Default Whatever happen to, turning 40 and

not caring anymore! Someone told me that when I turned 40, I wouldn't care what people think. Well, I'm 47 and thats not true! I work in a school as the Principal's Secretary. I work with a few woman in the office very closely. Bookkeeper, Data Entry, Student Services, and other secretaries. Lately I have been having a problem with one of them. We use to go on breaks together, laugh about things all the time, and lately she hasn't talked to me. I asked her whats wrong and I write her email and apoligize for whatever it is I did. And all she has to tell me is nothings wrong. Things started to get back very slowly to somewhat normal and then this past Friday all hell broke loose. I was acused of not being a nice person and not being a team player. This is going to be long but this is what happened:
I was asked by the principal to get a cake for someone. I ran to the store bought a cake and a card, brought it back and had everyone sign the card. The principal went to the birthday perosn's office to get him and returned saying "we'll bring it there" In the meantime I was making coffee, finding cups, sugar, creamer, candles, plates, forks, napkins... Then the principal and I brought the cake over. I relaized some of the people I worked with were not there and I ran to get them ( granted it was after the singing) But I did run to get them. This one person wasn't there so I put a piece of cake on her desk.
When she returned I got all this crap about not being a nice person and not a team player. After about 2 hours I was talking to someone about why I was upset and she walked into my office to get something off of the printer, and I lost it on her! Gosh I started to scream and cry and I couldn't stop!
Trust me it was bad! Not professional at all!!

My question is this. If I don't feel like I did anything wrong, Why do I care so much??
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!