View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 09:20 AM   #2
UW_Bucky
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default dog stepped on keyboard (lol)... here's the full post

Hi Yorkie-Talkers! First, I want to thank everyone for their advice after my Bucky got his cast off. I really appreciated your knowledge and advice. I'm afraid that we have bad news again; looks like Bucky has LP. We are talking to our regular vet tomorrow about options, but the xray from the weekend vet doesn't look good. We have read some of the other posts on LP, but we are pretty shaken up and curious about the process. Does anyone have any opinions on the total hip replacement versus the shaving of the ball part of the hip? Sounds like the shaving thing is the most appropriate, but I'm not sure. Also, does anyone know what the pup will look like day of the surgery? Bandage? Lots of pain? Mobility problems? We are trying to figure out when do to it, and I'm wondering if I should be at home for a bit after he gets it done. Finally, does anyone know how long (and what it looks like) throughout the healing process? Thanks so much. I cannot tell you how appreciative I am for this site and your knowledge.
UW_Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!