Thread: Home Alone
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
BayAreaDesigner
Yorkie Yakker

Default Home Alone

I'm a single working lady and next week my 2 girls will begin staying home alone all day while I work. (will leave @ 7:30am and return @ 5:30pm) They have been going to puppy daycare 5 days a week since Sept. Due to the exorbitant cost for 2 - I have to take them out. They had 4 good months there. Their ages are 8 & 9 months. Here are my questions.

1-I have them in an xpen with 2 wire crates & litter box. It is in my den with big windows. I think maybe I should remove one of the crates to make more room in the pen (unfortunately will make more room for pee & poop as well) Maybe I should take both crates out and just leave 2 beds and toys. I'm concerned they won't have enough room to play. They love to run & play. I don't have any other rooms to leave them in. I live in brand new condo in downtown area. All carpet & hardwood.

2-They have been on 3 meals. If I keep that schedule I would have to free feed and leave food out all day (more pooping & peeing) They will walk and jump in it. A disaster when I return. Are they old enough to eat twice a day??? Bought a timed feeder but it didn't release the food so can't use.

3- I have arranged for group dog walking on Wednesdays only ($200/month). They will be out 2-3 hrs. Can't afford any other daytime lunch walkers as well and I can't come home. Tried that before. Can't make it home & back to work on time.

I posted the pics of their pen under my albums.

Any suggestions??? I feel awful.

Thanks
BayAreaDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!