View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 04:25 AM   #13
yorkiegal
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default i don't think i could be there

i wouldn't want to be there while they did the surgery. i think that would be horrible. anyway, i read on the internet that the gas is safe, but that injections for pain are safe, too. it is more a problem if your yorkie has a liver shunt. she is not going to use an injectable anesthetic to put him to sleep. also, after talking to the vet again - it is better for them to be intubated, so that if something does happen, they have control of the airway and can keep ventilating...

i don't know. it is so hard to make this decision. there are so many things that could go wrong. but i did talk to my vet again, who is very sympathetic. she said that she wouldn't hesitate to do this to her animals and that they haven't had a problem in a really long time. she also said they have experience doing this in small animals. like kittens and other small dogs. i guess i will never feel 100% comfortable with it, but it seems like it is in their best interest to get neutered... it helps that the vet talks to me about it.

anyway, thanks for helping... i'm going to worry until it's over!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!