View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:25 AM   #14
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

*Waves hand*

Thyroid issue over here . Wylie has Atypical Cushings (very, very complicated...oy!) and we found out at the same time we were diagnosing the Cushings that his circulating thyroid hormone was pretty much at ZERO. But Wylie being Wylie showed no weight gain, no pot belly (typical of Cushings), no loss of energy....so it was weird.

Anyway, I find the thyroid issue a breeze (not to be flippant though) - once you start synthetic thyroid pills, twice a day (needs to be twice, dogs metabolize it quicker than humans) - like thyroxine or similar - and titrate it according to a couple blood tests (ie, about 4 weeks after you start pill, then again if you adjust it, 4 wks later), you're good to go, pretty much. Wylie is at his right level now and won't need need his blood checked for thyroid for awhile.

Probably will check it again once we figure out more w/ his Cushings meds..which is still not titrated for him...such a slow process.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!