View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
Well Layla NEVER had symptoms of pancreatitis- i just always do blood panels because I home cook. So the numbers came up high and we went from there- had an ultasound- all is well- she just has high numbers.

I WAS with Susan Davis. I am now with a local nutrionist Hillary Watson who's diets are AAFCO approved- which is not the case with Susan's diet that she gave us. Our vet showed our old diet to our new nutrionist and the low sodium thing was her conclusion...Layla's new diet now has the required sodium that she needs but is also low in fat for her pancreas.
sounds great so i take it her amylase and lipase were high ? were her triglycerides high as my boy has high triglycerides on a 12 hr fast which is a good indicator. Also dogs with high amylase and lipase are known to have ibd so this could have caused her numbers to be high as well.

Glad you have a great nutritionist that is the reason i do not home cook as very nervous about it even though i know it would be best for my allergy baby
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!