View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
my boy yorkie dex almost died of pancreatitis and he was the one i thought had thyroid due to weight gain BUT it could be weight gain is because now your dog does not feel sick anymore and eating as dex has ibd in small intestines triggering the pancreas issue so maybe the same issue and once he was on a good diet he gained weight so this could be attributed to the weight gain in my opinion - are you working with susan davis? Who was the nutritionist that had you on low sodium? Not so sure i buy the low salt diet being the cause of thyroid and most vets do not know much about nutrition and low sodium is better on the kidneys anyway
Well Layla NEVER had symptoms of pancreatitis- i just always do blood panels because I home cook. So the numbers came up high and we went from there- had an ultasound- all is well- she just has high numbers.

I WAS with Susan Davis. I am now with a local nutrionist Hillary Watson who's diets are AAFCO approved- which is not the case with Susan's diet that she gave us. Our vet showed our old diet to our new nutrionist and the low sodium thing was her conclusion...Layla's new diet now has the required sodium that she needs but is also low in fat for her pancreas.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!