View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
dwerten
BANNED!

my dee dee is hypothyroid and we see dr jean dodds Hemopet/Hemolife, HEMOPET a full animal blood bank, Diagnostic Laboratory, Adoption and Consultation she knows alot about hypothyroid. They only need to have one symptom to have hypothyroid and weight gain, hair loss, skin issues are the symptoms. She gets a 1/3 of soloxine in am and 1/3 .1mg of soloxine at night.

I have read that kelp raises the thyroid if you want to do it naturally but due to dd allergies we did not want to take that chance so if you want to look into a kelp supplement which is iodine naturally for dogs that may help.

First i would have a 6 panel thyroid done when you have your next blood work up on a 12 hr fast and have it sent to michigan state or Hemopet/Hemolife, HEMOPET a full animal blood bank, Diagnostic Laboratory, Adoption and Consultation for accuracy as those are the two best labs for thyroid testing.

My dd went from .78 to .30 in a year and vet was not going to test her even though dd lost all the hair on her neck and had a musky smell so i drove 1 1/2 hrs to see jean for the next blood draw as everything i read told me she is the best and sure enough i was right she was hypothyroid. Now my dex was gaining weight and i was worried as it runs in the breed so last blood panel i had him checked and his thyroid was normals as I was concerned as i read soy affects the thyroid and my boy yorkie and girl yorkie eat purina ha a hydrolized soy diet and dd being hypothyroid on soy i was concerned dex may have it to from the diet but he was fine.

Have it tested to rule it out but i cried when mine was diagnosed as she has atopic dermatitis, mvd, and then hypothyroid she has alot of issues so to get one more diagnosis was upsetting but jean said it is cheap and easy to treat and it is

I hope your girl does not have it but it really is not a big deal if she does I can think of much worse things ALLERGIES being the worst
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!