View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #30
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topknot View Post
I was just thinking about how I got started the first time. I was lucky and was taken under some wings of some very expert arms that guided me in the right direction.

I attended Fun Matches first with my first yorkie and went to see the real shows and I watched carefully. I was also given tips and advice as I went. Then from there I bought my fist show baby and entered the real shows with her in puppy classes. That helped a lot - showing in puppy classes and practicing - for me and my pup. We sort of learned together.

From there I was a gopher too. I thought being a gopher was fun! By doing that I got a lot of useful tips!

Sarah - Basic tips/information to help are good. Just be forthright and explain that you are new to showing and sharing what you have learned so far. Nothing wrong with that.
I still love being a gopher LOL! Take my friend Kristie she comes to the dog shows with me and helps me and others and has never thought about showing yet but when she's ready she'll already have a big head start. I still help others in the grooming area and ringside...I still go and take ringside tables, get arm bands and whatever anyone needs especially those that have been doing this forever...I've gained several mentors even now by being a gopher
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!