View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #20
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
JMO ...I could not write an article like that as long as I have been in Yorkies...I haven't seriously shown in a long time...things change so SO VERY much every 5 yrs... even yearly on some things..

BUT...I wish I had kept a dog show journal of my experiences...I have many written down, but some are so pirceless to retell people are always asking the times, dates and faces..hard to recall to the letter..so why not keep a journal of what it is like to be a novice yourself and each learning experince can be shared..

Slam me if you want...but few will take anything to heart what your write UNTIL you finish your own..and some like me really do not turn my head until you have produced that champion from your own stock...it is so easy to steer a novice in the wrong direction...big understaking.

If I want to learn to ice skate, I am not asking someone who watches Disney on Ice...not to say you have nothing to contribute..on the contrary...you have a perfect platform to educate because you are a novice writng what you are learning...best wishes

Good advice, Pat. I know I could not write this article either. A Blog might be the way to go for the journal. Reminds me of that movie Julie and Julia. That was a great movie. But what a good idea. A Blog about your travel through learning to show. The ups and downs, what worked best for you, etc...

Mary was so right! I was thinking about the mentor - A good mentor "is" worth their weight in gold. They are a savings in more than just time and the pocket purse, but also for the breed. A lot less mistakes are made!
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!