View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #16
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I did check out your link. Suggestion: I think you should add in the forewording that you are just getting started showing and this is the information you found useful. Also you might not link your "puppies for sale" below the show information. It may send the wrong message and you do not want to misrepresent yourself or come off wrong. I know you may not have thought of this.

Yes, showing is tough and I think it is meant to be. It is sort of like getting through college... it is the ones that persevere and are determined that have a higher chance to succeed. I also believe that there are many that come into showing for the wrong reason and do not last. If they stayed and tried harder, they would learn so much.
Many of us learn as we go through experience. It is like that saying: You will remember only 10% of what you read, but if you connect all of your senses in the process of learning something new you can remember 90%. Mentors can tell you so much and insight. Very valuable! Definately add in that they should have an experienced mentor (that have their own champions a must)!

AKC will usually hold novice classes at the shows. If you look in the catalogs - the date and times are usually posted for this. They are usually held on Sat. Also if you let the steward know you are new, most of them can be very helpful about getting your band and ring enterance.

Last edited by topknot; 12-27-2009 at 11:53 AM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!