Thread: Breeders.....
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #5
lovefor3yorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Both of my dogs were sold with full AKC and both breeders are in good standing with YTCA and AKC. It's all about your intentions. I don't want to lose my female and understand what has to be done in order to prevent pregnancy. I may show her and if I alter her before then, that door is closed. Both of my breeders grilled me and did reference checks as well as vet checks. I waited a long time before I bought my first dog and was ready when I did. I think there need to be some non-show, quality-not quantity bredders out there. Genetic testing is important as well as pedigree research. But I don't oppose responsible breeding. JUST greedy people. I was always honest with my breeders and they could tell. I wanted them to feel confident when I adopted a baby from them. I pour my heart into something when I do it. Just be honest. It's hard to get full rights from a responsible breeder but it is possible--I am proof. AND I have 2 kids and a rotty. =)-----------------The mentoring thing------both of mine are out-of-state but stay in touch with me almost weekly to see how things are progressing. Constant contact is important--they don't have to stand over you just the fact that you know they will be there if you need them.
MOJO--I agree BUT neither of my breeders needed the money--in fact they placed the dog before i finished paying them off. And no--I didn't pay and arm and a leg---$1200 each. Trusting a buyer and checking every avenue of their life really gives you a good picture to paint of them--they BOTH told me if ANYTHING doesn't check out---we will not place this puppy. I was honest. I'm no BYB or miller just a lover. If my female never birth's a single pup--I won't care. If she does--I'll probably keep them anyway--the more the merrier. Those big black eyes and tiny faces just kill me--steal my heart all over again.
lovefor3yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!