View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
YorkieMom55
All Dogs Go To Heaven
Donating Member

Default The Best of Giving & Receiving Thread

This year has been a tough one on alot of us. There were times when I wondered if a "downsized" Christmas would be ok for our family. It was. Christmas has been just as special and memorable as the others, maybe more so.
My Giving:
It started out with my 6 yr old Granddaughter handing me her "list" in November and on it was a "globe" (& a laptop, dart board & webkinz) a week ago I asked her again what she wanted for Christmas. She said (pass a tissue) "Grandma, all I want is for you to have the best Christmas ever" I said that any Christmas that I spend with her is my best Christmas & what would she like for Christmas? She said "a globe" I asked if she wanted a world globe like her brother. She said " a Snowglobe like Santa gave Charlie in the Santa Clause movie" OK, I get it now. It took some tracking & hunting but being the resourceful Grandma that I am, I finally found a Santa North Pole snowglobe (@ 40% off). This morning her Christmas Wish came true. Christmas is special.
My Receiving:
DH gave me a 3" Case Pocketknife for Christmas. Non-skid footies from my nephew & a scrapbook family album from my daughter(they were very strapped for $ this year so she went through 11 yrs of photos and made albums for everyone). I am blessed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!