View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
joeys mom
YT Addict

Our Cabella had six puppies Dec 5th. My vet insisted on us bringing her and the puppies in that morning. She gave her a shot to help her milk drop more or produce more. I'm not sure what it is called, I'm sure another yt thats more experienced can help you with this or your vet. She also gave me some special goats milk. She said it comes from the more expensive goats and the pups do alot better on it. She had her on Royal Canine puppy food and I took some cans of it home also, due to Cabellan needing more supplements as she nursed. It has been over 3 weeks and I have only had to feed the puppies a hand full of times. It's allways the smallest female and the middle male. It seems they forget to nurse. Cabella just started leaving the pups for any length of time about 1 week ago. She would leave to go potty. She would stay in her kennel to nurse them and I would hold her food and water, even hand feed her for the first 1.5 weeks. With the size of litter she has you may have to help her out. I really don't know why she would leave them so soon, or mabey Cabella is like me and is a helicopter, allways hovering over them. Wish you and the babies the best of luck. BTW the smallest we had was 4 oz and the 2 largest was 6.5oz two others were 5.6oz and the other one was 5.2oz so they weren't tiny things either. They are little hogs now, but mom is still taking very good care of them, but is now staying away from the kennel unless they whine, or need to be cleaned. Hope yours goes as well, you will have to keep us updated. Sharon, Joey, Cabella and the six pups
joeys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!