View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
veggienut
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon View Post
I free feed mine, they all like to nibble throughout the day.

I wanted to caution you about leaving the food on the porch. Pet foods should not be stored where the temps can get too hot or too cold. This could make the food spoil, or become rancid, which could make your guy very sick. Food should be stored indoors at room temp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post

I don't eat meat either and I understand not wanting to be around it, but the temp. varies way too much to leave it on the porch (unless it is like an enclosed area where the temp. is regulared...). Also, just like you get him dog food with meat, you could get him broth and just leave it with his food.
The porch is vented with heat, as the rest of the home is. I don't buy a large quanity, so the food will stay fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
I think it's better to feed "meals" and not have food available all the time. If they don't eat as scheduled you can tell if they are not feeling well. Also eating at the same time means pooping at the same time everyday as well.

Also it lets them know that you control the food and not them.

But I had so many food "fights" with Uni before. i tried so many different kinds, Royal Canin, Eagle Pack, Science diet (the natural kind), some hollistic stuff, mixing with canned, warming the in the microwave, spoon feeding (yes ) but when I changed her to wellness she loves it! So maybe your pup doesn't like the brand of food you're feeding?
Mine has been on Royal Canine and recently switched him to Blue. He likes it and hasn't walked away from it as he has with the other dry brands I've tried from the dog food stores and the grocery. Thanks all for your kind remarks and advise.
veggienut is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!