View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
hbrown0923
Yorkie Yakker

Default bladder problem?

So I really don't know what thread to post this in so I just picked this one. So yesterday my puppies were playing and after they were done they drank water because they were tired from running. They drank quite a bit but I wasn't worried because they were playing. Anyway... so about five minutes later they both came to me so they could cuddle and curl up to go to sleep (we were having a lazy Sunday). So our 17 week old puppy was sleeping on me for probably 15 maybe 20 minutes and i all the sudden feel my pants wet. He was laying on a blanket over my pants and so I had to move him to see what it was. He peed while he was sleeping...ok no big deal except it was a lot, like my pants were soaked!!! So I took him out and of course he didn't go to the bathroom (we are still potty training) and we came back inside and he curled up on my lap again and slept for another 20 minutes. I get up and set him down (big mistake and totally my fault) to get my shoes on to take him out and he is walking while peeing on the floor. It was like I took the plug out of the cooler and it was just draining out. He seemed to be unaware of what he was doing. So anyway....I guess my question is...what happened? I know he drank a lot but for him to not be able to control it? Should we take him to the vet? Is this a sign that we are going to have bladder problems his whole life? He didn't have anymore issues the rest of the day. We just wanted to make sure this was "normal" or if we should be doing something about it.
hbrown0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!