View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #8
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
How much rice are you feeding her with the chicken? Sounds like she might have too much rice and not enough chicken in her food. I am confused why the vet thinks that you should do the canned and not the boiled chicken and rice. I thought that was pretty standard with the diarrhea issues.

If you feel her poop is firm and her tummy is settled you should ease back to her regular diet at some point. You should also look into a vet that believes in a raw diet otherwise you are going to be fighting a losing battle with your current vet.
i agree about the new vet, as soon as we are done with her first year we are switching vets, we're on Banfield because of the more afforable rates for the spay and the shots part of her life. we are happy with two of the vets there, but one just got promoted to a traveling vet for all of KC MO so now it's just one lady that i'm ok with and a guy i refuse to see and they now KNOW IT.

we'll switch soon tho.

anyways after talking to my nutritionist i found out i might just not be cooking the rice well enough and that it doesn't always digest all the way through just like sometimes corn does in our own poop...i know gross, but similar type of thing. so i just need to cook better and to get her back on her normal diet.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!