View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
So does that mean I am not allowed to give an honest opinion based on my experience and observations? If I have said something that is incorrect then please feel free to correct me. I am here to learn also but I feel I do have enough experience that I can give an honest opinion. The basics of showing has not changed and as for learning ring tricks, that is not what this thread is about.

Donna, you are right, the more you go the more you learn. I totally agree, yorkies are not an easy breed to show but I will still get out there and do my best with what knowledge I have. If I get out handled, which I am sure will happen, then so be it. I show when I can because I enjoy it and I do know some of the sneaky little tricks handlers use but I would rather win honestly than to know I won because of some sneaky little trick.
When newbies are concerned, one has to be careful......It's somewhat like mentoring.....and unless there is some expertise behind, one can be setting a newbie on the wrong track. As was stated by the OP her confidance is waning......

Being in the ring has nothing to do with learning sneaky little tricks but honeing up on your handling and presentation skills

Last edited by Mardelin; 12-19-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!