View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
That's why I said the more experienced yorkie exhibitors would have better input. I did not go into every little detail as to what grooming supplies to take, everyone is different and she was more interested in ringside supplies.

It seems that every time I post in the showing section everyone starts questioning my experience and showing abilities. I am 61 years old and I had been involved in showing other breeds a number of years ago. I did show yorkies for about a year and then for personal reasons I had to quit showing but I would still attend shows to watch whenever possible. The basics of showing I understand quite well. I am not an expert on grooming yorkies but I am learning. Showing dogs is like riding a bicycle, once you know how it is hard to forget. Each breed is different and there are many different tricks to learn, depending on the breed you are showing.
I've handled Border Collies and Dobes......way different than yorkies.......each requires a completely different set of handling skills. The art of presenting a yorkie to it's best advantage is a bit more difficult.

Mary Ann you've handled Afgan's and Doxie's...I know you've not been in the ring with a yorkie but, Phil has, didn't he say it was like apple's and oranges.

Last edited by Mardelin; 12-19-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!