View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Omg Help with some POOP questions and research please!!

Okay, so we've been thinking we saw tapeworm segments in Sadie's poop a while ago. We treated for it, despite the vets not finding eggs in her fecal sample, but they thought they were seeing it in her poop too, and maybe we were all correct.

Well right after her worming, she got sick with a bacteria in her stomach and was having diarrhea and vomitting, we got meds and she seemed better. Her stools were solid again but still looking like white rice segments. Then she got sick again, same bacteria didn't completely go away and is now still on antibiotics and is eating a home cooked boiled chicken and white rice diet.

Her poop is coming out and looking like about 85-90% white rice. Is this normal? Should I worry. I'm pretty darn sure it's not worms and they don't move, it really looks like packed up solid poop full of white rice.

What should I do? If I call the vet, I might get the big speech about natural diets and how she should be on prescription Science Diet crap that they gave to me, but I want to know if it's hurting her to not digest the rice so well and it's coming out whole mostly.

I also want to know if switching to brown rice would be healthier overall, because even her normal diet calls for rice in it.

What do you all think? Any experience with rice in stools or in feeding natural diets that include white or brown rice?

Thanks,

Last edited by RachelandSadie; 12-19-2009 at 01:50 PM.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!