View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
The foster pom I have had for almost 2 weeks has been on panacur for 6 days and her diahrea is no better. She was spayed yesterday and I got her back today and she has had 3 bouts of diahrea in 1 hour. I know she is stressed, but isn't there something they can give her to help the diahrea. They switched her to metrodrozinole today but does anyone know if the vet can give her a shot of something to help stop the diahrea or will the giardia override any shot? Thanks for any help. If she were my dog I would have her at my vet but I have to work with the shelter's animal health dept and I am waiting for a call back and they don't respond very quickly.
i know there is a shot of antibiotic they almost gave dd but it is in the simplicef family and that is more for skin issues than diarhea. Baytril is the strongest antibiotic the BIG GUNS and vet gave that and said it was for intestinal issues - I think the shot was cipra - here is the link so not sure of any other antibiotic shot out there for giardia but the anesthesia will make them have diarhea as well so you are probably getting a double whamy

ciprofloxacin (Cipro, Cipro XR) - drug class, medical uses, medication side effects, and drug interactions by MedicineNet.com
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!