View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #181
Princes mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelitediva View Post
I agree. I would only push so hard. I still live with my parents and have been asking for a puppy for a while too, but only because our other two dogs were getting really old. 14 & 17 years old! They had no life left in them and the 17 year old was way past her expiration date if you know what I mean. She couldnt walk anymore to go out side. We had to feed her on the floor cause she couldnt get up and she was TOTALLY incontinent. She peed and pooped everywhere. I was talking to my parents all the time about putting her down cause she was just suffering so much! Plus they said we could get a puppy after she was gone. So one day, being that delinquent 20 year old that I am... I came home with a yorkie puppy (Penelope) one day. My mom immediately fell in love with her. My brothers and boyfriend did too. My step dad on the other had was SOOO mad that I went behind his back and did that! He was pissed at my mom too cause she said we were keeping her. He didnt talk to me for weeks and my mom for one week. My brothers kept reminding me about how pissed he was. After about two months of completely ignoring the dog and giving me dirty looks and making my me feel horrible... he starting giving in. Now he calls her "little dog". If its going to ruin your marriage dont do it. If you think that eventually he will warm up to it then its up to you. Just be prepared for a long fight and lots of dirty looks.
This statement really, really bothered me. I guess I take things way too personally...I wouldn't want to be replaced just because of age and illness.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!