View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:09 AM   #1
Angelfish
Yorkie Yakker

Cry Unbearable grief after freak accident

I lost my pixie about a month ago now. It was so horrible, I haven't been even able to consider posting until now, but feel I have to warn others. We had a baby gate into the kitchen and when my seven year old daughter leaned over to pick her up to kiss her goodbye before school like every other morning, the gate gave way and fell onto Pixie. She was tiny (2 lbs) and she just couldn't recover from the trauma. She died that afternoon after having several x-rays and draining her lungs. The vet just couldn't get the internal bleeding to stop. So, any of you using baby gates, make sure the kind that attaches to the wall, not just pressure between the door frames. It was the worst day of my life. I couldn't sleep for days after. I thought something was really wrong with me because I couldn't stop crying & missed days of work. It seemed so unfair to loose Pixie to such a freak accident! I can see after reading some of these other threads, I am not alone in how deeply my grief effected me, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this forum being here to "talk" to all of you because I think you guys might understand how deeply this has devestated me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!