View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:08 AM   #8
Mogwai
Yorkie Yakker

My pup is about four months old. I have a seven yr. old daughter and a three year old son. Our other dogs are Bassett Hounds so I was a little challenging for the first couple of days. My son is not allowed to pick Gizmo up, but I do allow my daughter to occationally(to take outside to potty). Gizmo thinks the kids are part of his pack and has never been anything but sweet and playful. If your puppy is the same(no hard biting) the game I tought my kids to play with him might help you with kid visitors who want to play. I have them play "hide and seek" puppy style. The kids lay on their tummies on the floor with their hands "hiding" the sides of their face and Gizmo tries to "seek"their face out for kisses. Sometimes we put small baby blankets covering their heads and he digs them off and them goes from one side of their face to the other kissing. It tickles the kids and tires out Gizmo. They are so busy laughing that they can't hurt the baby. My kids teach our game to every friend who comes over! For the younger kids, I usually hold Gizmo and let him kiss just a little so they don't get scared. They are also told that Gizmo only gives out kisses to kids who are nice to him. Maybe that is something you could use. I don't blame you for worrying! Binks is sooo handsome!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!