View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
JereBo
Yorkie Talker

Default Just got back from the EMERG. VET - Might have Liver Shunt

I just got back from the emergency pet hospital. BJ, my youngest baby, is staying there overnight because he had a massive seizure. His blood sugar was extremely low (in the 30s) and he was in a comatose state. He just turned two on November 25 and the vet says that he might have liver shunt.

He's had only one seizure in the past and that was last May. It lasted only a minute and he went limp. I took him to the vet immediately after. They said that it was common for yorkies to have seizures and asked me if he had seizures in the past, I told them no because when I got BJ, he was about 8 months old and he was given to the breeder I got him from by another breeder. So his history is a bit shaky.

I feel so horrible right now. I am barely making it by with the money I make and now I just gave the vet my whole pay check and then some. $781 dollars for the overnight stay alone. He will barely be there 12 hours! I have to pick him up in the morning unless otherwise.

I love my baby so much and I will do anything to make sure that he is healthy and safe, but I feel like a horrible parent because the estimates for actual tests to find out what he has and the cost of the surgery is over 3500 dollars and they only accept cash up at the time of services.

I don't know what to do.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!