View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 07:02 PM   #12
azkaty
& "The Bunny"
Donating Member

Default Injections-- not ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegal
i asked my vet which kind of anesthetic she uses and she said "isoflurane" (the gas). she said they give them an injection of pain medication first to sedate them, but it is not an anesthetic... i'm so worried. the more i read about it, the more i worry... the vet says she will intubate the dogs to control their airway while she performs the surgery. is this okay??? she says they haven't had any problems and (KNOCK ON WOOD) hopefully, she will not have any problems with mine!

what should i do? i really don't want my babies to have their lives put at risk, but i think neutering is more beneficial than harmful, isn't it? i'm so confused. on one hand, my yorkie marks a lot and has started humping. my pug has started humping too! not often, but enough that it is bothersome!

i guess there is no real guarantee. i'm getting the bloodwork done, so hopefully both are healthy.
Charlie's Mom..I was told the same think..but think about it.. if they use the gas-puppy goes to sleep..no pain, right? So they do not need to inject. I would get out the phone book.. start dialing.. let your head tell you when you have found the right vet. I called many , and found three I felt understood and agreed with me on this. You know.. there is no reason why you can not be there while they do the surgery..that might make you feel better..plus you remain in control of what is done to your baby..what do you think about this?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!