View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Default Emergency 2am vet visit

Just got back from a 2am emergency visit to the vet. I went to take my night time bath and my grandma was watching her like she does every night when I go take my nightly bath. Well I got out of the bath and my grandma goes Taylor I think something is wrong with Callie shes just been sitting there for a long time (she was on the sofa) well I went over and got on my knees in front of the sofa and saw she was holding her paw/leg funny so I softly messed with it a little and she cried so I took of her shirt which even as carefully as I did it she cried again and when I was looking at it, it appeared to hurt her around her shoulder so I told my grandma to please watch her while I went and got clothes on and then we called her regular vet who had the number up on there machine of a well known emergency vet to use if there was an emergency so we called them and they said come on over and ring the bell and we will let you in. So scared to put her shirt back on I wrapped her in a thick towel and me and my grandma headed to the emergency vet. We got there and got checked in and I put her down for the vet tech. to see her walk and she put some weight on it but was limping and not crying so they took her temp and listened to her chest and we waited for the vet to come in. The vet came in checked her out rather rough in my opinion but did a good job of checking everything and set her down to walk and she did and she went right up to him and tried to roll over like she does to lots of new people and he said he thought everything was good but that he could do x-rays if we wanted and we did so they did the x-rays and they came out fine. So he thinks she missed a step when jumping off of the sofa. She wasn't whining and was walking almost perfect so they didnt give us pain meds but they said to not let her jump and run for about 5 days. Callie is 15 pounds so I never worried about her jumping up and down from furniture well now I will I hope to buy her some stairs for my bed and for the sofa in the living room. I'm still shaken up. Gonna try to go to bed soon and tuck her in next to me.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!