View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Sookie
My Four Sweet Babies
Donating Member

My mother was a very plain person in every way and avoided social situations at all costs. If she HAD to go to a wedding or something she would stress for months in advance thinking of all the things she could do wrong.

When I got engaged to be married my future in-laws invited my parents to dinner. My mother did NOT want to go in the worst way. She was sick with worry that she would do something stupid. To top it off, my future DH was a preppie boy and his parents had their noses in the air a little bit.

Future MIL made a beautiful dinner - everything was perfect - but my mother almost died when she noticed two forks and two spoons and wine glass next to water glass. I could see she was in a panic, but there was nothing I could do at that point to help her.

Anyway, food was passed and when my mother was handed the platter with the carved roast on it she helped herself to some meat and then started to eat, unaware, with the two pronged meat fork. Next thing you know I heard future FIL say "Edna, where is the meat fork?" to future MIL. My mother looked up at me in alarm and I just looked down at her hand with the meat fork in it that she was eating from...well, all the stress just came out and the two of us laughed hysterically.

It was very rude, but we couldn't control ourselves. My poor mom. She never ate at anyone's home again!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!