View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

I wonder what you would advise your own daughter if this where her in this situation??......

You can't just look at the bits and pieces of the "good times" in your relationship.... you have to remove your emotions from your decision and look at the totality of the relationship and honestly say to your self....Overall is this a good relationship for me? .....Do I want to spend the rest of my life like this?.....Over all is this a bad choice??......Ask yourself if your really denying, ignoring, rationalizing, or justifying , a bad choice just so you don't have to be alone or start over with someone new???

Love is not enough, there are issues of honor, admiration, respect, mutuality, sacrifice, acceptance, supportiveness, similarity of life values and morality, to name a few....are you both on the same page in what you want in life???

I'm not saying this is what is happening in your situation, but, sad to say a lot of women will tolerate a bad relationship with a man who is controlling, selfish, insecure, destructive, or who has immature behaviors so as to not to have to make the decision to leave......These sorts of behaviors from the man becomes things to work around rather than qualities to examine to decide on his worthiness to you.....This is a time to be totally honest with yourself, your decision to stay or go is ultimately yours, just do it for all the right reasons and not because you have mushy feelings for him....Good luck to you in what ever you decide.......
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!