View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:24 AM   #7
Lula-Mae Famous
YT Addict

I am also very worried about the cold.
My little girl is 3 pounds and she shakes if outside too long.

Oh, I have bought jackets and sweaters but they dont seem to cover much. everything seems to go mid chest *sigh*

So I bought some puppy pads and tried putting one outside on "her spot". She hates it!
I tried putting it inside on one of those cold rainy days. She wouldnt take one step on it. hates hates hates pee pads.

Im now considering the grass patch thing.

in the mean time I tried to take up knitting so she could finally have soemthing that went all the way to her butt.
I hate knitting. :P

I found this article the other day on how to turn an old ugly sweater into a lovely dog sweater.... and i actually did it! it looks amazing. I was just about to post it in another thread but this is what i did....

I cut off the sleave of a sweater (mind you my girl is only 3 pounds), the cuff acts as a turtle neck. I cut off the other cuff and cut that in half. then hand sewed them into tubes, found where her little leggs would be, cut tiny holes and attached the little tubes I made from the cuff.
After cleaning up the bottom it looks fantastic. I'll have to post a picture.

I recently bought a bunch of felt and plan to play with that soon. Ill post a picture or pattern if I can figure that out. My plan is to make a little jacket that has a hoop I can clip her leash on. It is such a pain to put on her harness, then sweater, then clip her leash on when she wants to go out. If my jacket idea works it will be all in one, quick and simple.

gosh, I have totally gone over the deep end as a yorkie mum, huh? :P
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!