View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 01:18 AM   #11
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
Yes, I am sure if you study the breed standard closely like show breeders they will tell you that longer legs are a fault, but show breeders breed dogs with "faults" all the time because there is no "perfect" yorkie but there are some "faults" which should not be bred and I am not experienced enough to tell you all of them but certainly the obvious which would be genetic health defects like liver shunt, leggs perthes, luxating patellas, and any genetic diseases.

I would think if your girl is "perfect" except for color and longer legs then it would be worth having her checked by a reproductive vet for evaluation of her ability to breed.

She sounds gorgeous. Can you post a picture?
Sylvan is correct AngelBaby's Mom that I am not an experienced breeder (in fact I am not a breeder at all) but I have acquired some knowledge of the breed in my lifetime as a dog lover and yorkie fancier, and I know the thread was directed at me because of my Princess Chai, but some members on here feel like I shouldn't give advice because I am not a breeder so please know that my advice is just from what I have read, heard from other breeders, or from personal experience with my own four yorkies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!