View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #6
lillymae
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie mom-3 View Post

I haven't been logged on in ages but that's a story for another day. I am dealing with a situation just like this right now with my 13 and a half year old baby girl. Tomorrow it will be a week. I thought stroke right away and so did my vet. She had head tilt and was very wobbly when trying to walk. Loss of appetite and refusing to drink water. So I was giving nutrical and some Karo syrup. Then watered down her canned food and was giving it to her in a syringe and also water that way. She started to improve and eat on her own with a little help, then yesterday was a bad day for her refusing everything. So back to square one. I started searching on line for whatever I could find. I came across Canine Peripheral Vestibular Syndrome. The symptoms are so much like a stroke but it has to do with the inner ear. Vets do not know why this happens but is seen more in older dogs than younger ones but younger dogs can be afflicted with it as well.Symptoms usually last anywhere from three days to three weeks. All I can do now is just what I'm doing and alot of extra care. Maybe this is what your baby has, it's worth checking into. I wish you and your baby the best. Please let me know if I can help further.
Did your vet tell you about dramimine? if not you need to ask about it. It makes all the diff in the world for vestibular syndrome.
lillymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!