View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Angelaine
Yorkie Talker

Cry Dislocated Knee in my Yorkie!!!

I have an 11 year old Yorkie who is perky, playful, healthy. We have been extremely careful with her all her life. She jumps up on a low couch. She is a little bigger than most and weighs 9 lbs. which is normal for her size.
She was fine--perfect. Then yesterday, we saw she was limping and holding up her left rear leg. Took her immediately to the vet. Vet was young. This place you make no appointments and always get a different person every time. However, the vet took Tasha in the back and manipulated her knee back in place, but she said it slipped out again. Sent Tasha home with muscle relaxant pills and said see her in two weeks. We were told she might have to have surgery. Has anyone gone through this??? Should we have it done??? Maybe the knee will heal??? We also have another Yorkie at home that is two so would Tasha have to be isolated?? Please give me any advice or experience with this problem. We would certainly appreciate it. Sorry such a long post, but I wanted to be specific.

Hugs,
Elaine
Angelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!