View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
CTLover
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused From Pedigree too.. What food should I give my yorkie?

Hi guys I’m new here,
I got my Yorkie Ct(yes I know not your average dog name) when he was 4 months who is turning 1 this coming Sunday. When I got him his breeder told me to feed him Pedigree Dry Puppy Food, which I have been doing ever since I got him. He never showed much interest in the food at all, I know puppies don’t eat much but he would only pick out the square looking thing in the food and leave the brown kibbles. I tried everything to get him to eat, hand feeding him, soaking the food in water but he doesn’t really fancy it, he eats it now but not a lot. I asked my veterinarian what I should feed him she responded by asking me what I fed him, I told her and she said its fine and if he’s not eating give him Iams, I got a sample of it from her but he didn’t really pay it any attention.

His bag of Pedigree looks like it’s coming to an end soon and I would really like to change his food soon while I still have some of the one he’s eating left so I can convert him over gradually. So here is my question 500 words later… What dry food do you guys recommend I switch him too? My friend recommended Royal Canin for Yorkshire Terriers since that’s what she feeds her Yorkie.
CTLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!