View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieTherapy View Post
Smart boy Jackson!

Taking a bow should be easy for him now Britster.

Hold the treat in one hand and push towards his chest. When Jackson bows, have him do a stand quickly.

When dogs are first learning bow they tend to plot their butts down then confuse it for a down. So, keep that butt up- bow, stand, bow, stand etc.
Thanks so much for the tip! I can't wait to start working on bow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
This is great Brit! I love it! thanks for posting the vid, I'm gonna try it with Uni, we are out of ideas on tricks.

What are you referring to as bow? Is it front elbows on the ground and fanny in the air? If that's it, that is one of the EASIEST ever. I will tell you now. Hold the treat in your hand with the thumb and index finger. The rest of your fingers out straight, almost like doing the ok sign, but all fingers together. Turn your hand pinky toward the doggy and put 2-3" from the ground and say "bow". They will look up and underneath the hand to get at the treat, but they will always leave theh booty up in the air! This was one of my last tricks I taught Uni, and I kid you not, took about 10 mins.
Yep, that's the kind of Bow I'm talking about... thanks for the tips!! Sounds pretty simple! I'll work on it with him later
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!