View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #15
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti
My vet won't let you take a puupy home until the next day after spaying even though no one is there aal night! Do you think I can ask to take her home the night they spay her, I will sign a release or waiver. I will stay up all night and watch her they won't.
I'm glad Lexi's home and doing well!
Patti, I suspect your vet doesn't do the spay until late in the day but personally I think that is ridiculous. I always tried to have the vet do the spay/neuter in the morning for a couple of reasons. 1st. They have not eaten from the night before 6:00 PM, nor have they had water since midnight. 2nd. My vet would let me be in surgery during this and once they take them off of the gas they start coming out of it pretty darn fast. Sometimes they wake up scared but because I could hold them and talk to them they were ok (I am sure the vet tech's do this also) but I would put them in my carriers and take them home. I would set up a bed for them in the spare bedroom and they would usually sleep for about 6 - 8 hours and then want some water and to go outside. They would eat a little and then go back to bed. By the next morning they were ready to rock n roll. Some even faster.

I would have a discussion with your vet to see if he could do the surgery 1st thing in the morning and stay at the office until close and then you take him/her home for a number of reasons.

1. Your baby has not eaten since "what ever time he told you" and little ones need to eat more than once a day.
2. The diseases the other dogs could have at his office
3. Little ones could be frightened by all the strange animals around them.
4. Since no one is there anyways what is the point
5. You will watch him/her alot closer than a busy office

Now having said all of this if your vet insists and you trust his decision then your little one will probably be sleeping the whole night through anyways.

Cindyy & The Gang
livingdustmops is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!