View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Hi and welcome to YT. Sorry no one has responded to your thread. As for how many crates, it sounds as though you have a game plan. The only thing that I do not understand is, are you planning on have him in the crate when you are in the living room with him? I wouldn't think that you would need to do that. The best thing to do is to learn his signs of needing to potty and catch him as soon as you notice it them.

I only have 1 crate but probably a dozen beds, lol.

The babies usually wind up falling alseep someone on us, in a bed or on the sofa and then go into their expen when we go to bed. so if you wind up carrying him up to bed, it shouldn't be a problem.

with potty training, I would suggest that you gradually increase the time between potty breaks. At 15 weeks, I got up every 2 hours with Hot Rod and then 3 hours. I kinda let him lead me on it though. I knew that it was time to increase the time when he didn't want to wake up when I took him out of his crate. lol. I had a baby monitor since he was in the family room at night. This also helped me because if he did need to potty, I heard him rattling around. But then again, he was only in a crate for maybe 2 weeks at the most, if that long even (til we got his expen). I had his crate, pad, water and food in his pen. Good luck with your little one. Sounds like Baster has got a really good mommy waiting to welcome him home.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!