View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I was going to suggest this as well, I feed Milo the Natural Balance LID and he loves it he has been on it for 3 years now without a problem. What I can tell you is that one of the MAJOR chains that sells it around here always has expiered bags on there shelf. And they do have quality control and testing of there foods they put this in place after all the recall

Natural Balance Pet Foods has created this new "Buy With Confidence" feature for pet owners to monitor the testing of their pets’ food. TO LEARN ABOUT OUR TESTING CLICK HERE

As of September, 2008, we have added E. coli and Salmonella testing to our standard testing protocol which already includes testing for: Ochratoxin, Zearalenone, Fumonisin, Melamine, Cyanuric Acid, Aflatoxin, and DON (Vomitoxin).

We have taken samples from each date code of Natural Balance product and subjected them to our testing protocol. With the new "Buy With Confidence" service, you are now able to view these test results. When you see your "Best By" code in the results section, you will know that the samples we tested from that date code met the FDA guidelines for the tests listed.

Not only does Natural Balance test for these 9 different contaminates, we also test ALL of our formulas quarterly at an independent laboratory (Midwest Laboratories) to ensure that our vitamins and minerals meet the AAFCO nutrient guidelines.

If you don't see the test results for a particular product, they may not have been uploaded yet, so please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-829-4493 during normal business hours (8am-5pm pacific time) or e-mail us and we will assist you in getting test results.

Choose from the Dog or Cat Formulas below, and find the size of the pet food you would like to check. Formula Names are in alphabetical order, smallest size down. Type in the 'Best By' date found on your Natural Balance® product. What's this?

All you have to do is go to there site to look. While I am very sorry your dog is sick, (Milo just had a stomach but he picked up at doggie day care)

so I understand how upset you are. We also bear a responsibilty to everyone on this site not to jump to conclusions about things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviansnickers View Post
Did you happen to check the expiration date on the bag before throwing it away by chance? I was cleaning out Snicks cupboards over the weekend and noticed that some of his food was expired. I would never have known unless I checked dates. None of it smelled old or rancid, but I would never feed anything expired and we really need to be on the lookout. I'm so sorry your pup got sick. I really hope she is ok.

Huggies-
Snick & Viv

Last edited by cdawnfine; 12-14-2009 at 10:53 AM.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!