View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmychinkie View Post
I am a new user. I had posted this morning around 2 on someones thread because I did not know how to start one. I just figured it out. I have a question that hopefully someone will read and refer me to the right direction. My baby girl gave birth on Wed. to 4 pups. All pups are great. My girls [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]health[/COLOR][/COLOR] started going down hill 2 days later. Rushed her to emergency. First thought infection, but ruled out with blood and fever results looking good. next day I followed up with vet, blood drawn and she was very anemic. The next morning did a follow up blood work and [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]anemia[/COLOR][/COLOR] was worse, we rushed her to Ny animal hospital for transfusion. She received the blood was better, but a few hours later got worse. No One has a clue as to what is going on. Signs show infection yet blood work does not confirm it. After ll that fluid accumulated outside chest cavity. checking that out they saw her heart was enlarged. They did an ech which confirmed heart problems on the right side. Fluid was drawn out to relieve pressure. I have been hand feeding pups ever since. Pps are with her at the hospital, because doctors feel its best for them to try to nurse as much as they ca off her. Problem is she is not producing enough milk. They have now said that two of the pups may be showing signed of aspiration because little bubbles come out their nose when that are hand fed. They said that it is a common problem with being hand fed. They also stated their main concern is my girl who is not doing well at all but just a bit stable. Please keep in mind this is just a quick run down of what I have been going through these past few days. There are details in between that I just can't get into writing right now. My focus is of course on my baby.... MY GIRL... She is another daughter to me and I can not handle her going away like this. She does not deserve this. Not in this way... OK..the doctors scared me enough with the fact that the pups may deteriorate also because of being hand fed and not getting the antibodies from mom. I had a though cross my head from a show I had watched on discovery about mothers who will often have a litter the same age and allow pups to feed off them. Is this the best thing I can do to research right now to help my pups survival rather than give up concern for them and only worry about mom? That is basically what the hospital will do if I keep them there. They have basically scared me to the point saying if I take them it will be worse. Will someone be able to tell me if they had pups drink from another mom? If so ... will anyone be willing to help me out and allow my pups to nurse for a day or two so that they can better survive? I live in NJ. Clifton, NJ. Please as much as I told myself not to post anything critical here just not to have people jumping to different conclusion and turning this into a judgment matter. Before anyone asks, she is 4 . always was healthy never showed signs of [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]heart [COLOR=green ! important]problems[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/l...rey_loader.gif
. This is her 2nd litter and yes I have her first litter pup. She went through all necessary medical attention and was deemed heathy to get pregnant. The hospital said there would have been no signs for this to have been prevented. It's just something unfortunate that happens. She is currently in ICU. PLEASE only advice. If I am not responding please know that it is because I am with my girl. I will always appear to be on because I leave my computer on. It doesn't mean that I am in front of the computer reading replies. Though I will try my best to rad and see if anyone has some advise. I just want to make sure that I spend time with my baby at the hospital.. Thanks in advance. Please excuse any spelling errors or confusing statements. I haven't slept in days and it's hard enough to stop crying and stressing over my little baby.
There is an organization that has surrigate mothers. I'm not sure what it is called. However, I do know of once person that has used it. Now if you have someone that has a dam with a litter that is close enough in age to yours, there should be no problem in her accepting your pups.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!