View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 05:17 AM   #14
Ringo1
Ringo (1) and Lucy too!
Donating Member

Looks like you have gotten some good advice. I think it's a real good sign that he merely ignores her and hasn't tried to 'pounce' her. He will get used to her in the next few weeks . . or it might not even take that long.

My Westie was constantly showing dominance over Lucy her first 2 weeks home. It was kind of scary sounding but I was advised NOT to intervene unless someone was actually getting hurt. Which they weren't.

I will reinforce the advice to give your first lots of extra attention so that he knows he has not lost his 'status' as top dog. He gets up on the couch first; greeted first; fed first - EVERYTHING first for Prince Charming.

Mine get along fine now - they don't snuggle up together - but my Westie is more of a loner. He may never do that. But, boy, do they play together when they are in the mood! Ringo is 3 - so he's not in constant play mode like Lucy. He will jump up on his stool when he's had enough.

She can't make it up there - yet. She did manage to take a running leap one time and get up on his stool and the look on his face was priceless!
Ringo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!