View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
vanessa19
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovesj View Post
Excellent advice. I only buy quantities that can be used in a reasonable amount of time. My DH has a tendency to leave some of the old in the bottom and add the new food bag to the top. I'm constantly bugging him to NOT do that. In theory some of the food at the bottom could end up being old and stale.

I would have the food tested to see if that was the real issue. Another thought is if you introduced the new food gradually. Some pets can have issues adjusting to a new diet unless you gradually mix in the new food with the old over a period of time. I don't know how old your pups are, but particularly young pups can become dehydrated from diarrhea and vomiting which could lead to them collapsing. I'm not sure if your babies had that issue but it could also be low blood sugar from not eating enough.
She will be 4 years old in January. They had been on the food for about 2-3 months before anything happened and I did not have a problem with it. I know when I was driving her to the vet if she didn't have her seatbelt harness on she would have slid off of my seats. As soon as I got to the vet they got her on an I.V. she's fine now this was about 2 weeks ago, I just wanted to make people aware to check their food. I definately smell it before it goes in their container. I love Wellness.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!