Thread: Did I mess up?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 05:51 PM   #4
Gazou
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabellasmama
I've had my Yorkie for a week now and I adore her. However the more I read the more confused I get.

A book I read said that if a Yorkie is not the standard colors then they are usually free or very inexpensive. I paid $450 for mine and her mom was almost completely light silver (did not see dad). Also this was with no papers.

Also they say people who breed their dogs that are not the standard are doing a bad thing for the breed. So do I for sure need to spay her to be doing the right thing?

Sorry, 1 more thing- the books say that if your pup is timid or jumpy she'll turn into a biter. Mine is a little timid, but I have 3 boys who are really good with her, just loud. Is this going to turn into a bad situation? I don't want to turn a dog into a biter.

I loved the dog and jumped into this and now I'm questioning myself, because I thought if I waited she'd be gone.
You are not obligate to believe everything written in a book . Books can say somethings but sorry , mother nature don't learn to read .

Why would you want to breed her ?

As for giving a dog away for free because he or she is not of the good colors is completely stupid . The breeder pay for the cares to mother and pups why would this person let a dog for free ?
Gazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!