View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
vanessa19
YT Addict

Default Beware of Natural Balance Dog Food

So I use to feed my dogs wellness and about 2 months ago I switched over to Natural Balance as it is supposed to be better (???) So, I put food in their bowl and come home from work and only a small amount as been eaten...usually the whole bowl is gone between the two of them. So nothing happens that night everyone potties like normal, they got their yogurt before bed and everythings fine. So the next day the same thing happens when I come home except for the fact that Jasmine (my yorkie) wasn't waiting for us at the door like she ALWAYS is. So I found her and she looked lethargic so I am panicking. I grilled a boneless skinless chicken breast for her and they both ate it like there was no tomorrow and the dry food is in the same spot. So they eat then go outside and go potty. ( by the way I work nights so my schedule is backwards) So we go to lay down in the bed and Jasmine pukes all of the chicken up.(on my $400 comforter!!!!) So I take her off my bed and she pukes on my carpet in my bedroom. So I take her onto the tile part and asked her if she has to go potty and she did so I took her outside and she collapsed at my sliding glass doors. So now its about 7am and I am on my way to the vets. She stayed there all day had 2 IV's and abour 4 X-Rays. The vet explained to me that the bag of food was rancid(the other dog had funny poop for the two days) and I had to have her on a special diet for a few days. Now this cost about $600 so I called natural balance and they explained to me that there is no quality control on dog food and it could have happened at any point and time. They also advised me that they could only send me a free bag of food!! Why would I want another bag of "rancid" food! So I put them back on Wellness and everythings great but Natural Balance was horrible to speak with. They almost killed my baby!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!