View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
SassyAnn101
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Questions about Giardia?

I added a new puppy to our family on Friday. She is a seven month old little Biewer. She is so pretty, and tiny. We got her home around 9 pm on Friday night. She did not eat very much, but I thought it was because of the trip. Saturday she ate a little, but would not eat any soft food which is unusual. She will eat a few pieces of the Diamond puppy food that was sent here with her. Today she ate a little, but when she went poo it was kinda runny with blood drops in it. I decided to take her to the emergency clinic.

Once there they told me that she looked to only have had one set of shots and was at risk of parvo. They tested her for that and did a Giardia Snap test and a Fecal Exam. She was neg. for Parvo, but positive for Giadia. They gave her Metroniadole 50 mgs which she is suspose to take 1/2 per day. They gave her a shot with Subcutaneous fluids. They also told me she had an eye infection and a Grade 4 Luxating Patella in her back left leg (which blew me away). The vet said that her knee cap was dislocated and she could not pop it back in. Haley (my new little girl) does not limp, or hold that leg up at all. I know that is a huge problem, but right now I am more worried about her not eating and the risk of dehydration or low blood sugar. She will not eat nurtra cal. When we got home I boiled some chicken and rice. She ate some of that, and now she is sleeping. Any info concering the symptoms of Giarida would greatly help me. Thanks for listening.
Sally Ann & Haley Bug
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!