View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #18
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie4luv View Post
Hmm, I have no idea what CT is either, wonder if there is a list of abreviations on this website? anyway, could it just be that she is hot from the extra wieght gain? I'm mean if your running the heater and with the weight gain...I know overweight people who sweat just from walking around. Keep us posted on your babies progress, can she be cut down on her steroid dose?
Hi Yorkie4luv,
Thanks for the suggestion-I'm relieved she does not have HBP but now worrying about CT whatever that is. Can someone clarify as to what this is?

Oh and yes, we are decreasing the dosage. We just cut the dose in half and she gets one dose a day. I don't think you can stop this medication abruptly, you have to slowly get her off of it. I think I have about a months worth of pills. My Vet gave me 10 pills and told me to cut them is quarters and to give her one a day. These are new pills, I never even finished the first bottle because my Vet wanted to cut the dose in half and you couldn't do it with those pills as they were too small after quartering them, so she gave me new tablets that started out bigger in size but were one half the dose of the first meds, and she told me to quarter them too. So I did. Started out with 10 pills at half the dose of the originals and quartered them, so I had forty quarter pills to start with. Now I must have about 36.
I'm not sure if she'll make me finish the whole bottle before I can stop, but I think I will ask her. Thanks for your concern. :-) PS She hasn't started panting too much today. I've begun to notice I think it is more towards the nite time. :-)
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!